Writing New Adult Fiction
foreword by SYLVIA DAY
SAN DIEGO BOOK AWARD WINNER
“For the writer who wants to become a new adult author, or the new adult author who seeks to enrich her craftsmanship and stand out from the herd.”
–Tammara Webber, New York Times best-selling author of Easy and Breakable
- Create memorable characters that act and sound like new adults.
- Sculpt a distinct personality for your fiction with POV, voice, tone, and word choices.
- Build a unique, captivating plot that satisfied your audience from beginning to end.
- Learn tools for revising effectively and efficiently in a speed-driven market.
- Weight the options for your path to publication: traditional, indie, and hybrid.
The new adult category is filled with opportunities to break in with distinct plots and original characters. Make your mark by writing a novel that’s fresh, unique—and wholly new adult!
Penguin Random House, ISBN 978-1-59963-800-3
Amazon | B&N | IndieBound | Goodreads | Writer’s Digest Books
“A fantastic how-to.” – Summer Lane, bestselling NA author
“With her conversational, engaging style, Halverson demystifies the process of plotting, writing, and marketing a NA novel….If you’re serious about writing a NA novel you can be proud of, one that is also marketable, you’ll add this indispensable title to your permanent reference shelf.” – Blogcritics